October 24, 2012 08:28 by Jervis
This is an error message that sometimes you will see when you run your ASP.NET MVC 4.
Could not load type 'System.Web.WebPages.DisplayModes' from assembly 'System.Web.WebPages, Version=184.108.40.206
So, today I will discuss how to fix it on your shared hosting environment. The basic problem is that there is a mixup between MVC 4 Developer Preview and MVC 4 Beta .dlls in the project. To see which version you have right click the .dll file in Windows Explorer and choose Properties->Details. Look for 'File Version' :
- MVC 4 Developer Preview is version 4.0.10906.0
- MVC 4 Beta is version 4.0.20126.16343
Make sure all says the MVC 4 beta version number (replace the .dlls from a fresh MVC 4 Beta project if necessary) for these files:
Then please kindly retry and it will work fine. J
If you have problem with your current host and you need to run your ASP.NET MVC 4, please check our site at http://www.asphostportal.com. You can start from our HOST ZERO plan.
Reasons why you must trust ASPHostPortal.com
Every provider will tell you how they treat their support, uptime, expertise, guarantees, etc., are. Take a close look. What they’re really offering you is nothing close to what ASPHostPortal does. You will be treated with respect and provided the courtesy and service you would expect from a world-class web hosting business.
You’ll have highly trained, skilled professional technical support people ready, willing, and wanting to help you 24 hours a day. Your web hosting account servers are monitored from three monitoring points, with two alert points, every minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The followings are the list of other added- benefits you can find when hosting with us:
- DELL Hardware
Dell hardware is engineered to keep critical enterprise applications running around the clock with clustered solutions fully tested and certified by Dell and other leading operating system and application providers.
- Recovery Systems
Recovery becomes easy and seamless with our fully managed backup services. We monitor your server to ensure your data is properly backed up and recoverable so when the time comes, you can easily repair or recover your data.
- Control Panel
We provide one of the most comprehensive customer control panels available. Providing maximum control and ease of use, our Control Panel serves as the central management point for your ASPHostPortal account. You’ll use a flexible, powerful hosting control panel that will give you direct control over your web hosting account. Our control panel and systems configuration is fully automated and this means your settings are configured automatically and instantly.
- Excellent Expertise in Technology
The reason we can provide you with a great amount of power, flexibility, and simplicity at such a discounted price is due to incredible efficiencies within our business. We have not just been providing hosting for many clients for years, we have also been researching, developing, and innovating every aspect of our operations, systems, procedures, strategy, management, and teams. Our operations are based on a continual improvement program where we review thousands of systems, operational and management metrics in real-time, to fine-tune every aspect of our operation and activities. We continually train and retrain all people in our teams. We provide all people in our teams with the time, space, and inspiration to research, understand, and explore the Internet in search of greater knowledge. We do this while providing you with the best hosting services for the lowest possible price.
- Data Center
ASPHostPortal modular Tier-3 data center was specifically designed to be a world-class web hosting facility totally dedicated to uncompromised performance and security
- Monitoring Services
From the moment your server is connected to our network it is monitored for connectivity, disk, memory and CPU utilization – as well as hardware failures. Our engineers are alerted to potential issues before they become critical.
ASPHostPortal has architected its network like no other hosting company. Every facet of our network infrastructure scales to gigabit speeds with no single point of failure.
Network security and the security of your server are ASPHostPortal’s top priorities. Our security team is constantly monitoring the entire network for unusual or suspicious behavior so that when it is detected we can address the issue before our network or your server is affected.
- Support Services
Engineers staff our data center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to manage the network infrastructure and oversee top-of-the-line servers that host our clients’ critical sites and services.
October 18, 2012 06:58 by Jervis
October 15, 2012 09:07 by Jervis
October 11, 2012 07:20 by Jervis
Types of Grids
One of the most common misconceptions is the notion that a grid is a grid. In reality, there are several different types of grids and choosing the right one for your needs can help save substantial time and effort. Choosing the wrong grid can result in tremendous effort to make it work the way you need, which is quite frustrating. We will look at the different types of grids and the ways in which they are typically used.
- No assumptions on layout - Cell-oriented grids do not make any assumptions on the layout of data. They work very well when you wish to have complete control over the layout. They allow you to display data that flows over multiple cells and embed controls such as charts that occupy several underlying cells. You can mix different kinds of cells in the same column.
- Excel-like behavior - Each cell is independent of other cells. Commonly, you're able to set 50 different attributes on each cell.
- Formula support - Cell-oriented grids typically offer support for cell-level formulas, similar to Excel.
- No assumptions on data source - Cell-oriented grids do not expect data to be in a certain format. They allow data to be provided on demand from any source. Binding to data usually involves the implementation of simple callbacks.
Data-bound Grid Controls
- Homogenous columns - Data-bound grid controls assume that data in a column will be the same type. They work best when most of your data comes from a straight tabular data source and can be displayed in the same layout. They do not work well if you wish to have more control over the layout of your display.
- Binding to standard types - Data-bound grid controls can be bound to any standard data source with a few lines of code.
- Rich metadata - Data-bound grids utilize type metadata and other information available from data-binding interfaces. Operations such as sorting, filtering, and grouping are also easier to implement with data-bound grids because of this rich metadata.
- Support for editing - Support for editing is implemented in most data-bound grid controls. If the backing data store supports editing, adding new rows, and deleting current rows, such support will automatically become available in data-bound grids.
- Support for automatic updates - Data-bound grid controls can automatically display changes to the data source to which they are bound, provided the data source implements appropriate interfaces.
- Business objects - Data-bound grid controls support displaying data in business objects, provided such data will support one of the commonly used .NET data-binding interfaces.
- Delegating common operations to the server - It is typically desirable to delegate such operations to the server. This is the default behavior with most controls.
- Support for expressions or formulas - Data-bound grid controls do not typically support cell-level formula calculations (like Excel). They instead offer unbound columns where simple expressions may be used to calculate the displayed value. If you need Excel-like formulas, then a cell-oriented grid is a better choice.
- Displaying related data - Data-bound grids that support displaying related information display such data inline. This is referred to as a hierarchical display or nested table. It is possible for a hierarchical grid to support editing and differing levels in nested tables.
- Displaying foreign key references - When you have a foreign key relationship, data-bound grid controls should easily display values from the related table.
- Displaying grouped data - Grouping classifies a list of data based on one or more fields. Data-bound grids can support grouping, along with custom summaries and data updates with multiple field groupings.
Pivot grids are very powerful and allow for the display and analysis of massive amounts of data in a summarized, condensed format. Please be sure to test with at least five times the data you expect to work with (both rows and columns). Also, test with several grouping levels on both the row and column axes.
Tree grids resemble tree controls, but instead of displaying just one column of information, as with a typical tree, they display additional attributes as additional columns. Test for editing and load-on-demand support.
October 10, 2012 07:23 by Jervis
ASPHostPortal is a premiere web hosting company that specialized in Windows and ASP.NET-based hosting, proudly announces new Microsoft product, Windows Server 2012 hosting to all new and existing customers. The newly released server operating system offers a number of features that can be utilized to benefit developers, resellers and businesses.
Windows Server 2012 offers new and improved features which enable multi-user infrastructure where storage resources, networking and compute are completely remote from other users. There are a number of key features that customers will find useful, including support for asp.net 4.5, Internet Information Services 8.0 (IIS), compatibility with Visual Studio 2012, Visual Studio Express 2012, support for ASP.NET MVC 4, and Entity Framework 5. Other key new features include dynamic IP restriction to help prevent DoS attacks, support WebSockets and node.js, and also CPU Throttling to ensure isolated each client's server usage and Application Initialization to improve user experience of first requests.
“We have always had a great appreciation for the products that Microsoft Offers. With the launched of Windows Server 2012 hosting services, entrepreneurs and organization will be able to build their impressive website to be on the top of the competition.” Said Dean Thomas, Manager at ASPHostPortal. “Within Windows Server 2012 hosting packages, users will have the ability to use Hyper-V in assorted configurations, improved isolation and security, fortified access controls to files and processes and the capability of managing servers as a group.”
ASPHostPortal is one of the Microsoft recommended hosting partner that provide most stable and reliable web hosting platform. With the new launch of Windows Server 2012 into its feature, it will continue to keep ASPHostPortal as one of the front runners in the web hosting market. For more information about new Windows Server 2012 hosting, please visit http://www.asphostportal.com.
ASPHostPortal.com is a hosting company that best support in Windows and ASP.NET-based hosting. Services include shared hosting, reseller hosting, and sharepoint hosting, with specialty in ASP.NET, SQL Server, and architecting highly scalable solutions. As a leading small to mid-sized business web hosting provider, ASPHostPortal strive to offer the most technologically advanced hosting solutions available to all customers across the world. Security, reliability, and performance are at the core of hosting operations to ensure each site and/or application hosted is highly secured and performs at optimum level.
October 4, 2012 07:42 by Jervis
In this article, I will discuss new features of LightSwitch. In Visual Studio 2012, LightSwitch is included as a core part and we can create the LightSwitch application from Visual Studio 2012 IDE. LightSwitch will be available as a Project Template group Node in the Visual Studio 2012.
New LightSwitch Architecture
Visual Studio 2012 LightSwitch has a lot of enhancements including OData Services which leads to define the new architecture for the LightSwitch Application Development.
Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch is a development environment designed to simplify and shorten the development of typical forms-over-data applications for businesses. Regardless of your development skills—whether you're a beginner or an experienced developer—LightSwitch enables you to quickly create professional-quality business applications and data services. – From MSDN
You can get more details about the LightSwitch Architecture, please have a look at MSDN.
New Enhancements in LightSwitch 2012
There are ton of new features included in the Visual Studio 2012 LightSwitch. We will briefly discuss about all the new features of the new enhanced LightSwitch.
Connecting with OData Services:
LightSwitch 2012 now supports Open Data Protocol Services.
The Open Data Protocol (OData) is a Web protocol for querying and updating data that provides a way to unlock your data and free it from silos that exist in applications today. – From OData
We can represent the data from a published Visual Studio LightSwitch web application as an OData Data source which can consumed by other applications.
Formatting Numbers & Dates:
We can easily format the Numbers and Dates using Format Pattern property in LightSwitch 2012. This Format Pattern Property is available only for the particular data types.
New Data Types in LightSwitch:
Visual Studio LightSwitch team has introduced two more Data Types namely Percent and Web Address. Here the Decimal will be treated as Percent business type and the String will be treated as Web Address.
Static Label & Image Control:
LightSwitch 2012 includes two more controls which can be used to display the content statically without binding data. These controls can be used to display the static texts about the organization and logo.
Improved Application Security:
In LightSwitch Business Application we can apply security by two ways like Forms Authentication and Windows Authentication, In Windows Authentication it is possible to provide the Roles & Permissions to Active Directory User Groups.
Download Visual Studio 2012
You can download the Visual Studio 2012 90 days trail version from the Microsoft site.
Well, we done with the brief intro about the new features of Visual Studio LightSwitch 2012. If you want to try this new features, you can start your LightSwitch site with us.