September 2, 2013 12:09 by Ben
Do you know what is Dynamic Access Control??
Microsoft Dynamic Access Control (DAC) is a data governance tool in Windows Server 2012 that lets administrators control access settings. DAC uses centralized policies to let administrators review who has access to individual files. Files can be manually or automatically classified.
Windows Server 2012 Dynamic Access Control basically organize information automatically on file servers in order to meet business needs and regulatory requirements .
With the use of technology in the DAC classification , organization or company can identify or provide " tags " or labels to files on the file server . This capability to control access to files that were tagged through centralized access policies , perform audits and related reporting events related to access or attempts to access , use RMS ( Rights Management Services ) to encrypt Office documents so that the documents safe when the data out of the file server .
A number of the features found in Windows Server 2012 that are beneficial to the administrator in this regard :
- File owner , or the owner can directly provide information " tags " or labels to their own information , so do not need to be done by the administrator .
- Apply to the central access policy files ( information ) that has been in the " tag " or label given
- Provide " access denied remediation " when the user can not access the information .
- Configure the central audit trail records policies for information access ( access logs ) that can later be used for analysis and forensic needs .
- Protect certain sensitive information to the protection of the RMS automatically.
Label or tag used to identify the protected file can be used to classify files in logic . In Windows Server 2012 , this label can be applied in four ways :
- Based on location . When files are stored on a file server , the file inherits the label of its parent folder .
- Manually . Users and administrators can manually file labeling .
- Automatic . Files can be automatically labeled based on content or other characteristics .
- With the application , using the API for labeling file maintained by the application .