August 8, 2016 19:38 by Armend
How To clean up Broken SilverLight Installation
In this article we will show you several tips to clean up broken silverlight after installation. If Silverlight isn't working for you and you are getting errors trying to either uninstall, reinstall or upgrade Silverlight the steps below might help you. Note that I'm not listing all the steps to remove every trace of Silverlight from your machine. These steps are just meant to clean up enough so that future attempts to install, upgrade or uninstall don't fail.
Standard warnings about editing your registry apply. Be careful that you only delete what I say to delete below. If you delete too much by accident it is quite likely that you will break something and there is no way to undo accidental changes.
Steps to clean up a machine to fix a broken Silverlight installation:
- In the Control Panel, open the Add/Remove Programs applet (Programs on Vista) and uninstall Microsoft Silverlight if it is shown as installed by clicking on it and then clicking Uninstall or Remove. If you get an error on this step (for example a dialog saying that the msi file cannot be found), just continue on to the next step
- Using regedit, navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight and delete the key.
- From an administrator command shell you can do this by running:
reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Silverlight /f
- Using Windows Explorer, delete the “Microsoft Silverlight” directory from under Program Files.
- From an administrator command shell on an x86 you can do this by running:
rmdir /s /q "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Silverlight
If you are on a 64-bit version of Windows, substitute ProgramFiles(x86):
rmdir /s /q "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Silverlight
ASPHostPortal.com provides our customers with Plesk Panel, one of the most popular and stable control panels for Windows hosting, as free. You could also see the latest SilverLight hosting, a crazy amount of functionality as well as Large disk space, bandwidth, MSSQL databases and more. All those give people the convenience to build up a powerful site in Windows server 2008. We offers Windows hosting starts from $5/month only. We also guarantees 30 days money back and guarantee 99.9% uptime. If you need a reliable affordable Windows server 2008 Hosting, we should be your best choice.