October 10, 2016 21:11 by Dan
Windows Server Backup is a unique feature that enables regular backups and recovery solutions for computers running Windows Server 2008. The new backup and recovery technology was introduced to replace the previous NTBackup feature that was in earlier Windows versions. This program automatically performs back up operations for critical data and can also be used to restore the data for supported applications. In fact, the backup feature can be used for backing up a full Server or selected volumes according to user's needs.
With this server backup, it is easy to manage disasters when they occur. This is possible through recovery options for backed up volumes, folders, files, applications or even system state. A system recovery using Server Backup program can restore a complete server to a new hard drive in case of disk volume failures. This can be done using the full Windows recovery environment. Besides local computers, this new Backup also supports creation and management of backups for remote computers.
The server backup solution is an appropriate feature not only for system administrators but for anyone who needs backup solutions. It is suitable for small businesses as well as large companies. In fact, you do not need to be an IT professional to use new this new backup program. It is actually suited for individuals with basic computer skills especially in data recovery and backup. Technically, Windows Server Backup also provides APIs for cloud integration.
To run this program, you have to be in the group of administrators or Backup operators as a special consideration. Using the MMC (Microsoft Management Console) snap-in, you can actually manage the backups of another computer with Windows Server Backup. However, since the firewall is enabled by default in Windows 2008, you might encounter several security issues in the process. Luckily, these issues can be resolved by making relevant changes in the firewall. With these exciting new features included in this feature Backup program, it becomes much easier to perform and manage data recovery operations in a convenient manner; its few drawbacks outlined below notwithstanding.
One drawback with Windows 2008 is that current users of previous versions of Windows Server cannot upgrade old settings to the new Windows Server Backup feature. These settings have to be reconfigured after running an upgrade. A separate and dedicated disk is also required for running scheduled backups. Moreover, backing up data on tape is no longer supported in Server program and only locally attached disks can be backed up. To recover data from backups created with previous Server versions, you have to install NTBackup for Windows Server 2008.
With its faster backup technology, the backup software is a convenient and versatile backup tool in Windows server 2008. Restoration of items is much simpler as you can selectively choose what to restore. Backups can also be scheduled to run automatically without any user input. One-time backups can be performed to complement the automatic backups. With cloud integration, cloud backups can be synchronized with local backups through the MMC snap-in in Server Backup solution.
Best Windows Server 2012 Hosting Recommendation
ASPHostPortal.com provides our customers with Plesk Panel, one of the most popular and stable control panels for Windows hosting, as free. You could also see the latest .NET framework, a crazy amount of functionality as well as Large disk space, bandwidth, MSSQL databases and more. All those give people the convenience to build up a powerful site in Windows server 2012. We offers Windows hosting starts from $5/month only. We also guarantees 30 days money back and guarantee 99.9% uptime. If you need a reliable affordable Windows server 2012 Hosting, we should be your best choice.
May 7, 2014 09:29 by Ben
When installing Windows Server 2012, it matters if you have the retail version of Windows Server 2012 setup media or the volume license version. The retail version of Windows Server 2012 requires a product key to proceed. The volume license edition does not require a product key at installation time.
There are a few new features available in Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V, the most interesting are:
- Hyper-V Virtual Machine (VM) Replication, a new disaster recover (DR) mechanism for VMs.
- Virtual SAN Manager and the ability to deploy virtual fiber channel adapters to VMs.
- New virtual hard drive (VHD) format ".vhdx" offers superior performance, capacity, and reliability over Hyper-V VHDs in Windows Server 2008.
- Ability to Live Migrate VMs between hosts that are not in a cluster and have no shared storage.
Once you have verified and you are sure that the target computer system has all the prerequisites in place, and it meets the minimum hardware requirements, here is how you can install the Hyper-V role on the Windows Server 2012 standalone computer or Active Directory domain controller:
- Log on to the computer with the Administrator account (in case of standalone server) or Enterprise Admin or Domain Admin account (in case of Active Directory domain controller).
- If not already started, initialize the Server Manager window by clicking its icon from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- On the opened Server Manager window, from the top right corner, go to the Manage menu from the menu bar.
- From the displayed list, click the Add Roles and Features option.
- On the opened Add Roles and Features Wizard box, on the Before you begin window, click Next to proceed to the next step.
- On the Select installation type window, make sure that the Role-based or feature-based installation radio button is selected.
- Click Next to proceed to the next step.
- On the Select destination server window, make sure that the Select a server from the server pool radio button is selected.
- Also make sure that the target server (this server) is selected in the Server Pool list.
- Click Next to continue.
- On the Select server roles window, check the Hyper-V checkbox, and on the displayed box, click the Add Features button to add the additional features that are essential for the Hyper-V role.
- Back on the Select server roles window, click Next to proceed.
- On the Select features window, leave the default settings intact and click Next.
- On the Hyper-V window, read the information carefully and click Next.
- On the Create Virtual Switches window, check the checkbox representing the active Ethernet card in the Network adapters list.
- Click Next to continue to the next step.
- On the Virtual Machine Migration window, leave everything default for now and click Next.
- On the Default Stores window, click the Browse button to change the default virtual hard disk and Hyper-V configuration files’ locations. (You can leave the default settings intact for the testing purposes, like it is in this demonstration.)
- On the Confirm installation selections window, check the Restart the destination server automatically if required checkbox.
- Finally click Install to begin the Hyper-V role installation process on the Windows Server 2012 server.
- Once the installation process completes, and the system restarts, you can start creating the Hyper-V virtual machines on the server.
Note: It is important to store the virtual hard disk files to any location other than C:\ in order to prevent the system drive from getting overpopulated and over consumed, which may further result in decreased Windows Server 2012 performance.
Take Your Business to Next Level with Windows Server 2012 Hosting
While Windows Server 2012 general availability starts September 4th, new and existing ASPHostPortal.com clients can now take advantage of the powerful capabilities of Microsoft’s latest edition. In keeping with ASPHostPortal.com’s commitment to offer the most advanced tools and resources as they become available, support for Windows Server 2012 hosting falls right in line by providing a full suite of added features and benefits.