November 14, 2013 05:07 by Ben
Click -Once Enables Web - style application deployment for non - web applications. Applications are published to and deployed from a web or file servers . Although Click Once does not support the full range of features that client applications installed by the Windows Installer does , it does support a subset that includes the following :
- Integration with the Start menu and Programs Control Panel .
- Versioning , rollback , and Uninstallation .
- Online install mode , that always launches an application from the deployment location .
- Automatic updating when new versions are released.
- Registration of file extensions .
Before proceeding for the deployment , Ensure that your application has been built properly and ready for the deployment . Explains this article with respect to Game in a WPF and the game name is Mr . Gunner .
1. In Solution Explorer, right-click the project name and select "Properties" as shown in the following snapshot.
2. After clicking on Properties a Publishing Window will open and it has various options, such as Application, Built, Security, Publish and so on. as you can see in the following snapshot.
3. To set an icon for your application, browse for the suitable icon for your application. To set the icon, click on the application and browse the icon (the icon should be a .ico file) , if you don't want to set an icon for the application then it will be deployed with a default icon in your application as I highlighted with red circles in the following snapshot.
4: Then click on "Publish". Here select the publishing location nothing but browse the folder where you want keep the setup file and other application files and after selecting the publish location then click on the "Publish Wizard" to proceed as shown in the highlighted red circles.
5. After clicking "Publish" a wizard window will open, then click on the "Next" button as shown in the following snapshot:
6. After selecting CD-ROM or DVD then click "Next" to proceed as shown in the following snapshot:
7. After selecting "Updates" Click "Next" to proceed to the final step as shown in the following snapshot.
8. Now, finally click on the "Finish" button to complete the Publish Wizard as shown in the following snapshot.
Finally, a setup file has been created on the selected folder. Now you can install the application on your system by clicking on the setup file. Have fun working with the installed application.
November 3, 2013 13:25 by Ben
WebMatrix ( WebDeploy ) is a free web development tool from Microsoft that brings together web server , database and programming frameworks into one . WebMatrix allows you to do the writing program , testing to publications using ASP.NET or PHP . WebMatrix Web Development is one tool that you can use to create , publish , and memaintenance your website . WebMatrix is designed for website selling some programming languages , such as PHP , ASP.NET , HTML5 , etc.
There are several other advantages when using WebMatrix is , among other things, we do not need to report -report install one by one to create a website supporting applications such as web servers or code editor
By WebMatrik make websites easier because in it is contained lightweight development tool , IIS Developer Express , SQL Server Compact , and the ASP.Net extensions .
Web Deploy ( MSDeploy ) simplifies the deployment of Web applications and Web sites to IIS servers . Administrators can use Web Deploy to synchronize IIS servers or to migrate to newer hotel versions of IIS . Web Deploy Tool also Enables administrators and delegated users to use IIS Manager to deploy ASP.NET and PHP applications to an IIS server .
Hot New Features of Web Deploy 3.5 :
- Seamless integration with IIS Manager ( IIS7 and above ) , Visual Studio ( 2010 and above ) for creating packages and deploying them onto a machine , both locally and remotely .
- Integration with WebMatrix for downloading and deploying web applications.
- Seamless integration with the Web Platform Installer to install community web applications simply and easily.
- Web application packaging :
- Ability to package a Web application or an entire site , Including the associated databases .
- Ability to package ACLs , COM , GAC and registry settings .
- Supports both live servers and zipped packages as a source or destination .
- Web application deployment :
- Administrative privileges are not required in order to deploy Web applications .
- Ability to add powerful parameters to change text in files when they are deployed ( such as prompting to replace a connection string when deploying from QA to staging environments ) .
- Integration with the IIS Web Management Service ( WMSVC ) for remote deployment by non - administrators .
- Server administrators have granular control over the operations that can be performed and can delegate tasks to non - administrators .
- Web server migration and synchronization :
- Ability to synchronize or migrate the entire Web server , a Web site or application .
- The only synchronizes the data that has changed .
- Ability to detect missing dependencies during synchronization .
- Automatically Gathers content, IIS configuration , SSL certificates and ASP.NET configuration when you sync a Web site .
- Automatic backup of Web sites before making any changes .
- Administrators can configure Web Deploy such that it creates and stores a backup of websites on the server .
- End users can restore their websites directly without admins involvement .
- In addition to the IIS Manager , Visual Studio 10 , Web Matrix tasks can be performed using the command - line , PowerShell cmdlets or public APIs .
November 1, 2013 10:34 by Mike
Professional web hosting provider – ASPHostPortal.com proudly announced the integration of the latest Web Deploy 3.5 in all web hosting plans. We are the first few hosting company that provide ASP.NET hosting plan that support the brand new Web Deploy 3.5 Hosting.
WebDeploy v3.5 is now available and there are a few features to consider in this minor release:
- Load Balancer Support with Session Affinity.
- Encrypting web.config Settings Post-Publish.
- App Offline Template.
- Seamless integration with IIS Manager (IIS7 and above), Visual Studio (2010 and above) for creating packages and deploying them onto a machine, both locally and remotely.
- Integration with WebMatrix for deploying and downloading web applications.
- Seamless integration with the Web Platform Installer to install community web applications simply and easily.
- Web application packaging and deployment.
- Web server migration and synchronization.
- Automatic backup of Web Sites before making any changes.
- In addition to the IIS Manager, Visual Studio 10, Web Matrix tasks can be performed using the command-line, PowerShell Cmdlets or public APIs.
According to ASPHostPortal.com, it's Web Deploy 3.5 offerings are distinguished by their low cost, with many of the hosting services supporting the technology being of the more expensive variety.
For more information about this topics or have any enquiries related to Web Deploy 3.5 hosting, please visit http://www.asphostportal.com
ASPHostPortal.com is a hosting company that best support in Windows and ASP.NET-based hosting. Services include shared hosting, reseller hosting, and sharepoint hosting, with specialty in ASP.NET, SQL Server, and architecting highly scalable solutions. As a leading small to mid-sized business web hosting provider, ASPHostPortal strive to offer the most technologically advanced hosting solutions available to all customers across the world. Security, reliability, and performance are at the core of hosting operations to ensure each site and/or application hosted is highly secured and performs at optimum level.
October 23, 2013 08:41 by andry
There are many way to create a website, one of them is creating a website using WebMatrix. To install WebMatrix on your local computer, you need mysql and mysql connector installer. Please install all on your local computer. This is very important if you later install a web application that uses mysql database e.g wordpress. After you install mysql, please configure your mysql password root.if wrongly configure, then the error will appear as below.
After configuring mysql, then install WebMatrix on your local computer. Below is a screenshot of WebMatrix after install.
To install WordPress using WebMatrix, choose "New" -> "App Gallery" -> choose "wordpress icon" and "next" -> "I accept". Wait for installing wordpress. If wordpress have successfully installed, will appear like this.
Click “Ok”. And wordpress successfully installed on your local computer. Now we will publish wordpress to the server. Here is how to publish wordpress.
Go to “remote”-> “settings” -> “enter settings”. Fill in the following details.
After the validation test connection. If successful you will see "connected succesfully". Click on “Save”. To publish it on the server, On the menu bar, select “Publish” -> On ” Publish compatibility” window, choose "continue" -> "continue" -> on “publish preview” window, tick "delete files on a remote server" and choose "continue" again and let the process run as shown below .
If it appears like this means successful.
Please visit the website and wordpress already active.
September 23, 2013 07:32 by Ben
When you get this error from MSDeploy:
“Error: An unsupported response was received. The response header ‘MSDeploy.Response’ was ” but ‘v1′ was expected.
Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.”
This means that you do not have access. On our newer servers web deploy is enabled from the Management tab in your website. Older servers require web deploy to be enabled for each account, so please submit a support ticket if you need it enabled.
So you can follow this step fo fix error :
1. Web Deploy package is not installed on the IIS server in question . To install find the " Web Deploy " or " Web Deploy 2.0 " from the top level IIS.Net \ Download ( for downloading all extensions ) or directly on the Web Deploy 2.0 page . Alternately if the Platform installer addin is installed one can find it through the IIS Server Manager where one can also install it and other goodies . ( The platform installer as shown below can be found in the server list and individual website or list of icons in the management section . )
2. Even if Web Deploy package is installed , the service is not running automatically . Follow these steps to find the correct service and get it running .
a. Run services.msc from the start bar or command line .
b. Search for the service named Web Deployment Agent Service . Once found verify it is running and also starts up automatically after a reboot .
3. Also your account may not have permissions to publish to the web site in question . In IIS Management Studio , find the website in question and the make sure your ( or other 's ) credentials are found in the IIS Manager Permission list .
July 31, 2013 09:06 by Ben
WebMatrix was built to streamline Web development and make it easy, whether you're getting started or you just want to get things done. It lets you focus on what’s important — your Web site.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the effort to the make your website on the first position on the search engines like google, yahoo, bing, etc.
WebMatrix SEO Report feature that has Allows you to check the web script so that you can order search engine optimization friendly. In the example I was trying to make a simple script report.
Open Web Matrix, select Reports on the left menu.
After that there will be a form of SEO report settings. I let it default.
After setting Report saved, you can directly check validation of your web site. If anyone should be in WebMatrix optimization will give you a warning.
And know you can see it work! :)