There is a good preliminary documentation on building Report Parts in MSDN:
Publishing Report Parts in Report Builder 3.0 – http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633670%28v=SQL.105%29.aspx.
Creating the Report
Download document/screenshots: Exploring SSRS 2008 R2 Report Builder 3.0 – Report Parts
For this mini tutorial I am going to assume you have created your report in BIDS 2008
1. Deploy your report to the report server.
2. Go to that report. Hover over the report name, and click on the down arrow to reveal the contextual dropdown. Select Edit in Report Builder.
3. Once Report Builder opens, go to the Report Builder main button (I think it looks like a scroll), and select Publish Report Parts.
4. In the Publish Report Parts window, select Review and modify report parts before publishing (unless you really want to publish all report parts with default settings).
5. In the next window, select which Report Parts you want to publish. Put a description too, makes it easier for your Report Builder users to identify report parts later on.
6. When you’re done, click on Publish. Note there is no dialog box notifying you that publishing is done. All you get are the green checkmarks beside the report parts you selected, and the message at the bottom of the Publish Report Parts dialog box saying how many report parts were published, and how manyfailded.
7. If this is the first time you published a Report Part, a new Report Part folder will be created in your report server.
8. Inside the Report Part folder are your published report parts. Note that the icon of the report parts give it away – puzzle pieces! Also note that when you hover over a report part and click on the down arrow, you will reveal the contextual menu for a report part (move, delete, security, manage and download).
That’s it. Great job.
Report Part Gallery
Inside the Report Builder 3.0, you will also see the Report Part Gallery tab, which will list all available Report Parts you can add to your report.
Report Part Updates
It is also important to note that if any report parts get updated, the reports that use that report part will display a notice when opened in Report Builder. It will tell you that the published report part(s) have been updated on the server.
Once you choose to view changes, you can select which report parts you want to update.
And once it’s updated, no in-your-face notice again that the update was successful. It’s still just that subtle green checkmark beside the report part you chose to update.
Reasons why you must trust ASPHostPortal.com
Every provider will tell you how they treat their support, uptime, expertise, guarantees, etc., are. Take a close look. What they’re really offering you is nothing close to what ASPHostPortal does. You will be treated with respect and provided the courtesy and service you would expect from a world-class web hosting business.
You’ll have highly trained, skilled professional technical support people ready, willing, and wanting to help you 24 hours a day. Your web hosting account servers are monitored from three monitoring points, with two alert points, every minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The followings are the list of other added- benefits you can find when hosting with us:
- DELL Hardware
Dell hardware is engineered to keep critical enterprise applications running around the clock with clustered solutions fully tested and certified by Dell and other leading operating system and application providers.
- Recovery Systems
Recovery becomes easy and seamless with our fully managed backup services. We monitor your server to ensure your data is properly backed up and recoverable so when the time comes, you can easily repair or recover your data.
- Control Panel
We provide one of the most comprehensive customer control panels available. Providing maximum control and ease of use, our Control Panel serves as the central management point for your ASPHostPortal account. You’ll use a flexible, powerful hosting control panel that will give you direct control over your web hosting account. Our control panel and systems configuration is fully automated and this means your settings are configured automatically and instantly.
- Excellent Expertise in Technology
The reason we can provide you with a great amount of power, flexibility, and simplicity at such a discounted price is due to incredible efficiencies within our business. We have not just been providing hosting for many clients for years, we have also been researching, developing, and innovating every aspect of our operations, systems, procedures, strategy, management, and teams. Our operations are based on a continual improvement program where we review thousands of systems, operational and management metrics in real-time, to fine-tune every aspect of our operation and activities. We continually train and retrain all people in our teams. We provide all people in our teams with the time, space, and inspiration to research, understand, and explore the Internet in search of greater knowledge. We do this while providing you with the best hosting services for the lowest possible price.
- Data Center
ASPHostPortal modular Tier-3 data center was specifically designed to be a world-class web hosting facility totally dedicated to uncompromised performance and security
- Monitoring Services
From the moment your server is connected to our network it is monitored for connectivity, disk, memory and CPU utilization – as well as hardware failures. Our engineers are alerted to potential issues before they become critical.
ASPHostPortal has architected its network like no other hosting company. Every facet of our network infrastructure scales to gigabit speeds with no single point of failure.
Network security and the security of your server are ASPHostPortal’s top priorities. Our security team is constantly monitoring the entire network for unusual or suspicious behavior so that when it is detected we can address the issue before our network or your server is affected.
- Support Services
Engineers staff our data center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to manage the network infrastructure and oversee top-of-the-line servers that host our clients’ critical sites and services.