Sometimes we get this error when running WCF RIA Services.
“Load Operation Failed for query “GetUser”.
This is always an annoying issue with Silverlight deployment to do with connection strings and domain authorizations. Basically it’s a very generic error that pops up if you’re using the in-built standard asp.net model, such as the RIA services models of .net/silverlight development using aspnet authorization and registration.
Why it can happens?
1. Your development system is using a local SQL Express database which works fine when your on your own machine, but once its online, it’s still trying to find the same LocalSqlServer or localhost, and obviously cant. You can get round this in your web.config, using stuff like:
<remove /> <add connectionString=”etc etc”.>
2. Or possibly you have all the connection strings point to the right places, but your new server database doesnt contain all the necessary aspnet tables/framework. Theres some tools that are located in your windows/.net folders, such as aspnet_regiis.exe, which if you search for online, you willl get details on how to use them to automatically configure/update an sqlserver with the all the necessary aspnet objects.
3. You haven not deployed necessary references to the webserver, especially ones such as the System.Web.Ria, System.Web.DomainServices and System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations. You can select them in your visual studio project and mark the Copy Local propery to True.
4. Also if you have any services mapped from server to client, such as WCF Services, make sure when your publishing to update their bindings/endpoint addresses in the client, as they will be still looking for those services on the localhost development server.
5. Also make sure you use a valid crossdomain.xml and clientaccesspolicy.xml on your web project/deployment. If you do a websearch for these two filenames, you will get lots of examples of various settings to use that might be relevant to your site operation.
And, you have to check your IIS settings that sometimes cause the issue, like allowed IIS authentications (anonymous, impersonation, forms, etc).
The other alternative that you can consider is you can use mix of setting of the correct IIS authentication allowing anonymous and forms, and making sure the default connection strings were update correctly. As for the stuff on our server, please (if possible) remove ASP.NET authorization from your application and please write your own custom authorization, so it’s not even trying to update the local sql server for the inbuilt ASP.NET stuff.
Hope this post can help you.
Reasons why you must trust ASPHostPortal.com
Every provider will tell you how they treat their support, uptime, expertise, guarantees, etc., are. Take a close look. What they’re really offering you is nothing close to what ASPHostPortal does. You will be treated with respect and provided the courtesy and service you would expect from a world-class web hosting business.
You’ll have highly trained, skilled professional technical support people ready, willing, and wanting to help you 24 hours a day. Your web hosting account servers are monitored from three monitoring points, with two alert points, every minute, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The followings are the list of other added- benefits you can find when hosting with us:
- DELL Hardware
Dell hardware is engineered to keep critical enterprise applications running around the clock with clustered solutions fully tested and certified by Dell and other leading operating system and application providers.
- Recovery Systems
Recovery becomes easy and seamless with our fully managed backup services. We monitor your server to ensure your data is properly backed up and recoverable so when the time comes, you can easily repair or recover your data.
- Control Panel
We provide one of the most comprehensive customer control panels available. Providing maximum control and ease of use, our Control Panel serves as the central management point for your ASPHostPortal account. You’ll use a flexible, powerful hosting control panel that will give you direct control over your web hosting account. Our control panel and systems configuration is fully automated and this means your settings are configured automatically and instantly.
- Excellent Expertise in Technology
The reason we can provide you with a great amount of power, flexibility, and simplicity at such a discounted price is due to incredible efficiencies within our business. We have not just been providing hosting for many clients for years, we have also been researching, developing, and innovating every aspect of our operations, systems, procedures, strategy, management, and teams. Our operations are based on a continual improvement program where we review thousands of systems, operational and management metrics in real-time, to fine-tune every aspect of our operation and activities. We continually train and retrain all people in our teams. We provide all people in our teams with the time, space, and inspiration to research, understand, and explore the Internet in search of greater knowledge. We do this while providing you with the best hosting services for the lowest possible price.
- Data Center
ASPHostPortal modular Tier-3 data center was specifically designed to be a world-class web hosting facility totally dedicated to uncompromised performance and security
- Monitoring Services
From the moment your server is connected to our network it is monitored for connectivity, disk, memory and CPU utilization – as well as hardware failures. Our engineers are alerted to potential issues before they become critical.
ASPHostPortal has architected its network like no other hosting company. Every facet of our network infrastructure scales to gigabit speeds with no single point of failure.
Network security and the security of your server are ASPHostPortal’s top priorities. Our security team is constantly monitoring the entire network for unusual or suspicious behavior so that when it is detected we can address the issue before our network or your server is affected.
- Support Services
Engineers staff our data center 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to manage the network infrastructure and oversee top-of-the-line servers that host our clients’ critical sites and services.