October 24, 2016 08:31 by Armend
This article is for people to change their Windows 7 DNS settings. It will also override the DNS settings sent through DHCP so it is acceptable for most users of Windows 7. You will need admin rights in order to preform some of these steps.
1. Choose two or more IP addresses from here, then open the Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center as seen below.
2. Click “Change Adapter Settings” in the left bar.
3. Right click on your network device and choose properties. In my case this was Local Area Connection, but it could also be a wireless adapter or named something else.
4. Choose the IP version you would like to set the DNS settings for and click “properties”. I will be choosing IPv4 for this guide, but the steps are basically identical for IPv6.
5. In the window that pops up, click “Advanced” in the bottom right of the windows
6. Click the “DNS” tab at the top.
7. Click Add and then type a Tier2 server IP in the box that pops up and click add again.
You may repeat the add step as many times as you want to add more DNS servers. DNS servers added to the list are being tried consecutively after a short timeout when one or more of them are offline.
8. Click OK until you are out of dialogue boxes!
Best Windows Server 2012 Hosting Recommendation
ASPHostPortal.com provides our customers with Plesk Panel, one of the most popular and stable control panels for Windows hosting, as free. You could also see the latest .NET framework, a crazy amount of functionality as well as Large disk space, bandwidth, MSSQL databases and more. All those give people the convenience to build up a powerful site in Windows server 2012. We offers Windows hosting starts from $5/month only. We also guarantees 30 days money back and guarantee 99.9% uptime. If you need a reliable affordable Windows server 2012 Hosting, we should be your best choice.